Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's Not About Me

I was speaking to the Modesto Chapter of the Lions Club today at their monthly meeting today at lunch time. My message was simple......at one time my running became me and all about me. The wins were for me. The training was for me. I took this gift that God had clearly given me and I used it against him instead of for him. I realize now that my gift was given to me to motivate others and guess what.....it has. The students at my school ask me questions on a daily basis and that includes students that aren't even in any of my classes. When I speak to me Teens Run Modesto Students about running, they actually stop what they are doing and listen. You try to get a bunch of 13 and 14 year old kids to listen intently for more than thirty seconds...it's tough:) I know kids that run now because of what I do. I don't understand it, but it is true.
So, when I toe the line on April 22nd in Seregno, Italy, it isn't about me. I will race to glorify God and to give these teenagers something positive to look up to. I take this assignment very seriously and I won't fail as long as I have Him in my corner.

You can follow my race progress April 22nd (10pm West Coast time Saturday, April 21st)  on the IAU website.

Go USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment