Thursday, June 21, 2012

Expectations

This word has brought with it negative connotations. These expectations are created due to ones success and are engineered by other runners, sometimes family members, sponsors, and the number one culprit....oneself.

It goes along with the notion that it is easy to get to the top. The challenge is staying there. So, how can you look at expectations in another light? Well, first of all, as stated earlier, there wouldn't be any expectations if you haven't had success, so one must be running well. That is a good thing. But the thing I think that needs to be remembered most is this....The only expectations that matter are those from God. He would want us to put all those negative burdens we are feeling at his feet. He would also want us to run for Him, and in doing so, run with courage and strength and to know that He will be with us every step of the way.

Who can lose in that situation. That is exactly what I plan to do and when I cross that finish line there will be no doubt that I gave everything I had in the name of Jesus Christ!

I pray that all the runners run with courage and have the strength to do there best on Saturday. I also pray that all runners make it back to their families healthy. Good luck everyone!

You can follow my progress on http://www.ultralive.net/ws100/m.php
I am runner #298.

No comments:

Post a Comment